Saturday, March 22, 2008

Have beer, but no travel

Sometimes I do drink beer but the travel involved is from my living room to my patio...


The beers are, from left to right...

Urthel ,Tripel (Hibernus Quentum) --  Belgium/Netherlands -- with greetings to Hildegaard or Bos should the read this. I missed you at Zythos...

Mikkeller Big Worse  Barley Wine -- Denmark/Belgium -- with thanks to the Danske Ølentusiaster for telling me about this beer (though I've had beers from this contract brewery before: Beer Geek Breakfast and Santa's Little Helper)
 
Spezial Lagerbier -- All Franconian -- My eternal thanks to the Merz family -- we'll see you in May

Dr. Fritz Briem 1809 -- Berlin/Bavaria -- A "Berliner Weisse" style brewed by Weihenstephan just outside of Munich. Nice and tart, almost as good as the Jener Weisse I had last fall (thanks Sebastian, a/k/a Der Dopplebock for getting me the Jener Weisse)

Westmalle Tripel -- need I say more...

Not pictured but present: Maredsous Triple

I do have to say that of the three triples, the Westmalle was my favorite The others were tasty but didn't say "Tripel" to me. I wish I had a St Feullien Tripel to compare because in Belgium that is the tripel I often drink...

1 comment:

Mark Andersen said...

It looks like the trip to your patio was a nice one.