Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Rest of Day One in Bamberg

I sometimes find the Schlenkerla Fastenbier a bit sweat so that one is enough. It is much drier this year (confirmed later by Matthias Trum that it had a couple extra months in the lager tank) so I had four. But I did have the regular Märzen in the middle to "clean my palate.

Schlenkerla Märzen
I like the little window were you order the beer and took the opportunity to take a picture of a barrel just after tapping.

Freshly Tapped Barrel of Schlenkerla
My father was a bit jet-lagged so he called it an early night. Frank and I stopped by the Blaue Glocke for a couple of beers from Brauerei Först in Drügendorf. I think this is the only place in Bamberg to drink this beer.

Lagerbier, Brauerei Först, Drügendorf at the Blaue Glocke
It was getting late but we decided to stop in at Pizzini for a night cap. We shared an Andechser Dunkel and a Spezial Lagerbier. A fine way to cap off the first night in Bamberg.


Andechser Dunkel and Spezial Lagerbier at Pizzini

No comments: