Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sort of Beer Trip Approaching

I am always on the lookout for a good airfare and last fall I came a across a good one: Los Angeles to Warsaw for about $420 round trip. That was the good news. The bad news was the only time were the fare and my schedule matched was February. So I am off to Warsaw to freeze my butt off (they are having unseasonably cold weather) and hopefully find a couple of good Baltic Porters.

There is a silver lining, though. One of the tricks of international airfares is that a connection of less than 24 hours doesn't count as a "stopover" and so is basically free. So I have a 22 hour "layover" in Amsterdam on the way out and a 23 hour one on the way home. So two days in Amsterdam and three in Warsaw for $420. Not too shabby.

So watch this space for pictures of a cold Amsterdam and a frozen Warsaw -- and hopefully some good beer as well.

No comments: