Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Arrived in London

The travel was uneventful -- I missed the Delta meltdown by a day. After getting settled in our rooms, we headed out for a beer.

First stop was a new place for me, the Resting Hare. It is owned by the same folks as Euston Tap, Holborn Whippet, etc.



Decent beer list with 8 kegs and 4 cask...


Went with a local brew, Redemption Trinity, a tasty, hoppy 3% beer.


I learned later that their house Lager and Schwarzbier were brewed by the Anker brewery in Ochensfurt (near Würzburg) -- a brewery I visited on a bike tour in 2010. Have to come back for it.


Then it was over to the Euston Tap, one of my favorite places in London. They have 15 keg beers and 8 cask





When with the Orbit Neu Alt -- I visited the brewery the last time I was in London -- they specialize in German styles.





We noticed they had one beer both keg and cask so we decided to order a half pint of each. Tom ordered the cask but I when I ordered the keg version they said it had just kicked. So I had a Redemption Fellowship Porter. which I think I had here last time I was in London.

Then it was over to the Bree Louise for some food and a beer. They had a tap takeover from the Tring Brewery so I tried their Red Ride. A nice spicy rye character.



For a night cap we headed over to another new for me place, the Scottish Stores, just around the side of the Kings Cross station.


I was warned that the keg beers at the front bar weren't that interesting but to check out the side bar. There I saw an Orbit Citra Kellerbier. Couldn't pass that up.


I liked it but it was too much Citra for me, the last third was harder to finish than the first two thirds.

Jet lag kicked in so we called it a night.

7 comments:

Ellen Page said...

Your blog is very informative. Eating mindfully has been very hard for people these days. It's all because of their busy schedules, work or lack of focus on themselves. As a student I must admit that I have not been eating mindfully but because of this I will start now. It could help me enjoy my food and time alone. Eating mindfully may help me be aware of healthy food and appreciating food.5 island near bangkok

Venice said...

Want a way to find what needs to stay warm and safe in a new Venice town Rate compare site is best option. There is something affordable for every budget Went to Eugene to see a nitro circus and they found me a very nice choice of any type of lodging including a few hostels and in seconds. Give me a look u will be happy compares hotel pricing website.

Austin City Limits Music Festival 2016 said...

Austin City Limits Music Festival 2016 organizers of the Austin music festival comprehend the need for keeping individuals safe and sound all through the time period of the event. As a result, they've partnered using the Austin Texas Police Department, the Austin Texas Parks & Recreation Division Law enforcement and even a private security company to ensure and enhance on-site safety all through the event

NSA Global said...

Our SECURE TRAVEL service incorporates security practices from the executive protection industry as well as traditional chauffeur services to form a comprehensive and secure travel management solution for our clients.

Muhammad Hassan said...

I am happy to find this post Very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I Always prefer to read The Quality and glad I found this thing in you post. Thanks Salt Lake City Tiny Houses

Unknown said...

Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. voyage

Aslay Sin said...

This can be also a fairly beneficial writing that any of us absolutely beloved considering. Possibly not on a daily basis which often experience the likelihood to get a solution. travel direct savings